- Let the wind take you away! Unlike kiteboarding or windsurfing, you can be on your way after 5 minutes of briefing on controls and safety. All you require is some wind and the will for thrill.
- You start going through the main points of blokarting (land sailing) – controlling your kart, turning and stopping; this is known as the land-drill.
- Landsailing is a unique sport on Bonaire and the only way to experience a sailing sport and remain dry.
- This is a sport that is suitable for all the family. Generally, children from 8 years and upwards can sail by themselves. There is NO upper age limit for those young at heart!
- Half an hour on a blokart including instruction.
- A helmet and gloves will be provided.
- Drinks & snacks.
- Personal insurance.
Let the wind take you away! The latest fun attraction has just arrived on Bonaire: Blokart sailing comprises of a light and compact three-wheeled buggy and a sail of anything from 2 m to 5.5m in length. With your legs stretched out in front of you, take hold of the steering bar and sheet rope and set off along the wild coast of Bonaire. The blokarts are easy to use and easy to learn. All the instructors are fully qualified and will take you through the steps to learn how to sail the kart.
All participants wear a helmet and the instructors will always keep you safe, tailoring lessons to the various participants’ abilities.
- It recommended bringing a pair of closed in shoes, sun-smart, comfortable clothing, and sunglasses.
The track is located on the north coast, 10 minutes from town on the road to Rincon, on the right hand next to the Arawak Visitor Centre.